Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) is a modern and highly effective treatment method: high-energy sound waves are introduced into the painful areas of the body. With this innovative therapy approach, pathological alterations of tendons, ligaments, capsules, muscles and bones can be eliminated systematically.
Shockwave therapy accelerates the healing process in the body by stimulating the metabolism and enhancing blood circulation to regenerate damaged tissue. Strong energy pulses are applied to the affected area. These pulses occur for short periods of time, creating micro-cavitation bubbles that expand and burst. The force created by these bubbles penetrates tissue and stimulates cells in the body that are responsible for bone and connective tissue healing. In many instances, shockwave therapy is most effective in cases where the human body has not been able to heal itself on its own.
There are numerous benefits from shockwave therapy.
- No Side Effects – no down time from your activities
- Accelerated Healing
- Covered By Most Insurance Companies
The beneficial effects of shock wave therapy are often experienced after only 1 or 2 treatments. The therapy eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving your quality of life.
- Treatment of Tendionpathies
- Myofascial Trigger Points
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Hallux Rigidus
- Scar Tissue
- Jumpers Knee
- Calcific Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Shoulder Pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis / Heel Spur
- Shin Splints
- 91% Improvement for calcific tendinitis
- 83% Improvement for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder
- 77% Improvement for tennis elbow
- 76% Improvement for achilles tendinopathy
- 90% Improvement for plantar fasciitis
- 80% Improvement for radial and ulnar humeral epicondylitis
- 88% Improvement for patellar tendinitis/ achillodynia
- 80% Improvement for myofascial trigger points
- 90% Improvement for acupuncture shockwave therapy